HSIP Online Reporting Tool
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use the HSIP Online Reporting Tool?
The HSIP online reporting tool provides an easy, user friendly mechanism for states to meet the HSIP reporting requirements. The HSIP ORT promotes a consistent reporting structure so that we are getting the same information from each state. However, recognizing that every state’s program is different, the tool is flexible enough to meet every State’s needs. The HSIP ORT is a central repository for states HSIP reports from year to year, and provides an electronic record of submissions between the state and FHWA. Lastly, the HSIP ORT can produce HTML output and should therefore expedite the development and posting of 508 compliant reports.
How do I access the HSIP Online Reporting Tool?
Users will access the HSIP ORT beginning June 2, 2014 via FHWA’s User Profile and Access Control System (UPACS). All FHWA employees should have a UPACS account. Most state users will have to establish a UPACS account, which first requires level 2 credentials from FHWA’s credentials service provider, ORC.
- Go to https://csp.orc.com to apply for your E-Authentication User Credential.
- Go to https://fhwaapps.fhwa.dot.gov/ to establish a UPACS account.
- FHWA Division Office will sponsor access to the HSIP application.
- Step-by-step instructions are available upon request.
I have my ORC level 2 credentials; what now?
Once state users receive an email indicating their ORC eAuthentication Credential has been increased to Level 2 Access, they next have to establish a UPACS account. To establish a UPACS account, state users should follow the following steps:
- Go to the UPACS website at https://fhwaapps.fhwa.dot.gov/.
- Click the "register now" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Complete and submit the form.
- Once your UPACS account is approved, you should receive a confirmation email with your UPACS user name and temporary password.
- You will need to log into UPACS to change your temporary Password, review your profile, and see what applications you can access.
- Please let your Division Office Safety Specialist know that your UPACS account has been approved and provide them your UPACS User ID.
- Your Division Office Safety Specialist will sponsor you access to the HSIP online reporting tool.
- You will receive an email notification when you have been approved to access the HSIP application.
*Note: Users with delegate roles must log-in to UPACS and select the HSIP link to be recognized as a delegate on the reporter screens.
My report was returned with comments to address; however, I cannot make or save any changes to my previous response.
To make changes to a returned report, the reporter must first uncheck the response complete box and select save to "open" the question for modification
What projects should be included for the project listing questions in the HSIP (#23) and RHCP (#10) report?
This question allows States to describe the progress in implementing HSIP projects during the specified reporting period. Therefore, in general the project listing should include only those projects that were obligated for construction during the reporting period. However, states should continue to report obligations for non-infrastructure projects (i.e. crash data improvements, transportation safety planning, road safety audits) in the project listing.
Return to top