U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Recording Devices for Interconnected Grade Crossing and Intersection Signal Systems: An Informational Report
- National Transportation Safety Board. "Collision of Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter Railroad Corporation (METRA) Train and Transportation Joint Agreement School District 47/155 School Bus at Railroad/Highway Grade Crossing in Fox River Grove, Illinois, on October 25, 1995". PB96-916202 NTSB/HAR-96/02. Washington, D.C. http://www.ntsb.gov/doclib/reports/1996/har9602.pdf
- United States Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration Safety Advisory 2010-02. Federal Register. Volume 75, Number 190. Friday, October 1, 2010. http://www.fra.dot.gov/downloads/safety/sa201002.pdf
- United States Department of Transportation Federal Railroad Administration National Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Inventory database. http://safetydata.fra.dot.gov/OfficeofSafety/publicsite/crossing/crossing.aspx
- Traffic Signal Installation and Maintenance Manual. Institute of Transportation Engineers. 1989.
- Traffic Signal Maintenance Manual, Institute of Transportation Engineers, 2010.
- Code of Federal Regulations. Title 49 Part 234 Subpart D. http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=647ff67a5d9d8ca901d518b082942094&rgn=div6&view=text&node=49:220.127.116.11.28.4&idno=4
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. 2009 Edition. FHWA. http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/pdfs/2009/pdf_index.htm
- 1570 IEEE Standard for the Interface Between the Rail Subsystem and the Highway Subsystem at a Highway Rail Intersection. IEEE. 18 October 2002.
- AREMA Communications and Signals Manual. Revised 2008. http://www.arema.org/publications/cs/index.aspx
- Traffic Engineering Handbook, 6th Edition, Institute of Transportation Engineers, 2009.
- Traffic Control Devices Handbook, 2001. Institute of Transportation Engineers.
- Railroad-Highway Grade Crossing Handbook - Revised Second Edition August 2007. FHWA. http://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/xings/com_roaduser/07010/sec06.htm; http://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/xings/com_roaduser/07010/sec07.htm
Page last modified on October 15, 2014