Chapter 1 – Evaluation Planning Checklist
The following checklist is designed to support evaluation planning. If most or all of these activities are completed, the State is prepared for SHSP evaluation.
- Identify evaluation objectives.
- Identify the data needed to address the objectives and perform the evaluation.
- Determine if existing data collection strategies are sufficient for evaluation.
- Identify resources needed to collect data or adjust evaluation objectives if available data are insufficient for evaluation purposes.
- Assign responsibility for generating and distributing evaluation results.
- Document a reporting process to update agencies, partners, and decision-makers on SHSP evaluation results.
- Determine how evaluation results will be applied.
- Document the approach or plan for the evaluation.