Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) – Other Resources
Federal and State DOT safety champions can use the HSIP concept cards to promote the value of HSIP to decision makers. There are three cards, each focused on a different theme:
- Benefits: Put your HSIP funds to work, and get everyone home safely.
- Systemic: Take action before the crash happens.
- Data: Use data to invest your HSIP funds effectively.
Each card contains general messaging on the front, and a case study example on the back. Agencies can customize the example using the PPT version of the file.
- Assessment of Local Road Safety Funding, Training and Technical Assistance
This report summarizes State DOT practices for delivering safety funding and resources to local entities for road safety improvement projects. These practices were identified through a questionnaire administered to State DOTs during the assessment. The report also identifies model local road safety practices that can be adapted to enhance existing local road safety efforts.
- Highway Safety Peer-to-Peer Programs
The Program provides a range of technical assistance services to help agencies effectively manage and deploy HSIP, SHSP, HRRR, and Highway Rail Crossings to reduce traffic fatalities and serious injuries.