Demonstrations continue to effectively communicate the benefits of SafetyEdge℠ to transportation agencies. These in-person events provide answers to questions and alleviate concerns regarding this new paving technique.
DEMONSTRATIONS and OPEN HOUSES
- California LTAP Final Report on SafetyEdge℠ Technology (October 21, 2015) – [PDF].
The Kings County Public Works Department, in cooperation with FHWA, Caltrans Division of Local Assistance/California L`TAP Center, California Asphalt Pavement Association (CalAPA), and Papich Construction Co., Inc., hosted an open house to demonstrate the constructability of the SafetyEdge℠ for mitigating pavement edge drop-off.
- Alabama LTAP Safety Edge Open House Demo and Final Report (May 27, 2015) – [PDF].
FHWA, ALDOT, NCAT, Alabama LTAP, and East Alabama Paving, hosted an Open House to showcase the SafetyEdgeSM for managing pavement edge drop-offs.
The following presentations are available from FHWA upon request for use at open house or other events.
- SafetyEdge℠ Executive Summary. This 15-minute presentation is useful as an introduction for decision-makers on the SafetyEdge℠ solution.
- SafetyEdge℠ Open House Presentation. This presentation 60-minute presentation for practitioners introduces the SafetyEdge℠, covers benefits and costs, delves into the safety issues and effectiveness studies, provides design and construction considerations, shows example implementation sites, and findings from field reviews.
- SafetyEdge℠ Top 10 Construction Questions. This presentation includes a Top 10 list of construction questions and answers.