U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Appendix A. References
- McGovern, C., P. Rusch, and D. Noyce, State Practices to Reduce Wet Weather Skidding Crashes, FHWA-SA-11-21, U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, D.C., May 2011, http://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/speedmgt/ref_mats/fhwasa1121/fhwasa1121.pdf.
- A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets, 6th Edition, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, Washington, D.C., 2011.
- Warrants for the Installation and Use of Technology Devices for Transportation Operations and Maintenance, FHWA ENTERPRISE Pooled Fund Study, http://acconsultants.org/itswarrants/forms/vsl.html (accessed on April 17, 2012).
- Lunenfeld, H. and G.J. Alexander, A User's Guide to Positive Guidance, 3rd Edition. U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, D.C., September 1990.
- Traffic Engineering Handbook, 6th Edition, Institute of Traffic Engineers, Washington, D.C., 2009.
- Campbell, J.L., C. M. Richard, and J. Graham, Human Factors Guidelines for Road Systems. NCHRP Report 600A, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington D.C., 2008.
- Highway Statistics 2010, Licensed Drivers, Vehicle Registrations, and Resident Population (In Millions), U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, D.C., https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policyinformation/statistics/2010/ (accessed on April 17, 2012).
- Potts, I., J. Stutts, R. Pfefer, T. R. Neuman, K.L. Slack, and K.K. Hardy, NCHRP Series 500 Guidance for Implementation of the AASHTO Strategic Highway Safety Plan. Volume 9: A Guide for Reducing Collisions Involving Older Drivers, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington D.C., 2004.
- Wet Weather Accident Reduction Program (WWARP), Texas Department of Transportation, Austin, Texas, 2006.
- Hall, J.W., K.L. Smith, L. Titus-Glover, J.C. Wambold, T.J. Yager, and Z. Rado, Guide for Pavement Friction, NCHRP Web-Only Document 108, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington D.C., 2009.
- 2009 Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Federal Highway Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation, December 2009, http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/.
- Survey of Speed Zoning Practices, Institute of Transportation Engineers, Washington, D.C., 2001.
- Shadle, S.G., L.H. Emery, and H.K. Brewer, Vehicle Braking, Stability, and Control, SAE Transactions, Vol. 92, paper 83062, 1983.
- Mannering, F.L. and S.S. Washburn, Principles of Highway Engineering and Traffic Analysis, Fifth Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2013.
- Systems Engineering for Intelligent Transportation Systems: An Introduction for Transportation Professionals. Federal Highway Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation, January 2007, http://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/seitsguide/seguide.pdf.
- Systems Engineering Guidebook for ITS, V3.0, Federal Highway Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation, January 2007, https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/cadiv/segb/views/document/sections/Section8/8_4_12.htm.
- Uniform Vehicle Code. National Committee on Uniform Traffic Laws and Ordinances.
- Judicial Enforcement of Variable Speed Limits, Legal Research Digest No. 47, National Cooperative Research Program, March 2002, http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/nchrp/nchrp_lrd_47.pdf.
- Best Practices for Road Weather Management, Version 2.0, U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, D.C., May 2003, http://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/weather/best_practices/CaseStudiesFINALv2-RPT.pdf (accessed May 31, 2012).
- South Carolina: Decrease Hydroplaning on US 25 in Greenville County, University of Minnesota Rural Highway Safety Clearinghouse, http://www.ruralsafety.umn.edu/clearinghouse/rsip/southcarolina/ (accessed March 28, 2012).
- "Wyoming Department of Transportation Policy Memorandum: Variable Speed Limit," Wyoming Department of Transportation, GIS/ITS, Cheyenne, WY, February 16, 2011.
Page last modified on October 15, 2014.