U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|< Previous||Table of Content|
1. U.S. Department of Transportation, FHWA and NHTSA, Richard L. Knoblauch, Rita Furst Seifert, and Nhora Barrera Murphy, The Pedestrian and Bicyclist Highway Safety Problem As It Relates to the Hispanic Population in the United States, Report No. DTFH61-03-P-00324 (Washington, DC, 2004).
2. U.S. Department of Transportation, NHTSA, NCSA, Traffic Safety Facts: Pedalcyclists, Report No. DOT HS 809 768 (Washington, DC, 2003), <http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Cats/listpublications.aspx?Id=A&ShowBy=DocType> (April 21, 2005).
3. U.S. Department of Transportation, NHTSA, NCSA, Traffic Safety Facts: Pedestrians, Report No. DOT HS 809 769 (Washington, DC, 2003), <http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Cats/listpublications.aspx?Id=A&ShowBy=DocType> (April 21, 2005).
4. National Latino Children's Institute, Corazón de mi vida. Preliminary Findings - Yearlong Pilot Test (February 14, 2001), <http://www.nlci.org/kits/Corazon%20report01.htm> (February 4, 2005).
5. AA Foundation for Traffic Safety, Educación de seguridad en el tránsito/Education in Traffic Safety, <http://www.aaafoundation.org/projects/?button=EDCintro& colheight=650> (February 2005).
6. U.S. Department of Transportation, FHWA and NHTSA, Nhora Barrera Murphy and Richard Knoblauch, Hispanic Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety: Report of Focus Group Discussions in Washington, New York, Miami, and Los Angeles (Washington, DC, July 2004).
7. U.S. Department of Transportation, NHTSA, Highway Safety Needs of U.S. Hispanic Communities: Issues and Strategies, Report DOT HS 808 373 (Washington, DC, September 1995).
8. Mecklenburg Safe Communities, Local Research Leads to Innovative DWI Campaign for Latinos, <http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/safecommunities/ServiceCenter/scnews/features4.html> (July 24, 2002).
9. DesignHouse, Street Smart, "The 2004 Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety and Public Awareness Campaign: Annual Report and Campaign Summary" (Washington, DC, August 17, 2004).
10. Midwest Latino Health Research and El Centro Hispano, Traffic Safety in Latino Communities: National Program to Design Effective Multi-Media Campaigns to Reduce Motor Vehicles Crashes in Communities of Recent Latino Immigrants - Focus Group Results with Latino Immigrants in Three U.S. Cities. Final Report. Submitted to The Latino Council on Alcohol and Tobacco and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (December 2001).
11. North Central Texas Council of Governments, Walking Campaign Promotes Healthy Strides along Jefferson Boulevard and Bishop Arts District of Oak Cliff. Press release for ¡Yo camino - yo cuento! (I walk - I count!) campaign, <www.gdhcc.com/info/Count_info_sheet.pdf> (Dallas, TX, September 25, 2003).
12. Phone call with Mr. Jared White, North Central Texas Council of Governments, April 26, 2005.
13. E-mail from Mr. Michael Farrell, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, April 27, 2005.
14. Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association, Madrina-Padrino Public Safety Project: Project Description, <www.hapcoa.org/mpp/index.php?doc=description> In addition, PowerPoint presentation delivered at Save a Life Summit.
15. Cheskin Consulting and Strategic Market Research, Marketing to Hispanics: The Print Opportunity in the Hispanic Market, <http://weblog.cheskin.net/blog/archives/000070.html> (February 4, 2005).
16. Hispanic PR Wire, "353,000 Children's Pedestrian and Traffic Safety Handbooks to be distributed to schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District, schools participating in the STAR Program, and as a Sunday insert in La Opinion Newspaper," October 21, 2003. <http://www.hispanicprwire.com/news.php?l=in& id=1573& cha=2>
17. Building Safe Communities, Volume 3, Number 5, August 2000. Available online at http://www2.edc.org/buildingsafecommunities/vol3_5/local.htm
18. Cheskin Consulting and Strategic Market Research, Marketing to Hispanics: Should I Offer Bilingual Documents? <http://weblog.cheskin.net/blog/archives/000560.html> (February 4, 2005).
19. The Madison Times, "Traffic Safety Summit Targets Latinos," < www.madtimes.com/archives/nov2004_4/madtimes_114.htm > (February 4, 2005).
20. Florida Highway Patrol, Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles, <www.fhp.state.fl.us/PhotoGallery/PG081304.htm> (February 4, 2005).
21. California Highway Patrol, <www.chp.ca.gov/html/elprotector.html> (February 4, 2005).
22. Department of Community Affairs, State of New Jersey, <www.state.nj.us/dca/news/2004/pr022004.shtml> (February 4, 2005).
23. National Latino Children's Institute. Press release dated September 9, 2004. Available online at http://www.nlci.org/kits/Kansas_City_press.htm
24. National Latino Children's Institute. Press release dated October 21, 2004. Available online at http://www.nlci.org/kits/Santa_Ana_press.htm
25. Massachusetts Multicultural Outreach, U.S. Department of Transportation, NHTSA, Traffic Safety Digest, Fall 2001 (Washington, D.C., 2001). <www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/outreach/safedige/Fall2001/F01_02W_MA.html> (February 4, 2005)
26. University of Illinois, Chicago/Illinois Hispanic Safe Communities, Building Safe Communities, vol. 2, no. 3 (March/April 1999). Available online at http://www2.edc.org/buildingsafecommunities/vol2_3/Illinois.htm
27. Education Development Center, Guidelines for Developing Traffic Safety Educational Materials for Spanish-speaking Audiences. Draft, June 9, 2005.
|< Previous||Table of Content|