Chapter 4 – The Focus is Results Checklist
The following checklist is designed to support the use of evaluation results. If an action on the checklist is in progress or completed, the State is well on the way to using evaluation results to improve the SHSP process and performance.
- Evaluation results have been interpreted and documented.
- Evaluation results were reviewed to identify lessons learned.
- Lessons learned have been used to improve SHSP process and performance.
- SHSP stakeholders are made aware of both successful and unsuccessful programs and strategies as soon as sufficient information is available.
- Evaluation results are being used to increase public understanding of SHSP programs and strategies.
- Evaluation results are being used to help inform elected and appointed officials so they might support increased funding and resources for safety programs and strategies.
- Evaluation results are being used to identify additional safety leaders and partners.
- Evaluation results that identify gaps and weaknesses in SHSP process or performance are being addressed through follow-up actions.
- Evaluation results are used to direct resources to areas with the highest probability of improving safety.