U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Chapter 3 – Performance Evaluation:
Outputs and Outcomes
Performance Evaluation – Recommended
- Assemble data for assessing output and outcome
- Identify missing data which may prevent assessment
of performance measures.
- Determine if other performance measures can
be used to determine progress.
- Document baseline data.
- Determine the output and outcome measures
for each SHSP
- Compare output performance measures with baseline
- Compare outcome performance measures with
- Compare observation and/or telephone survey
results to measure changes in awareness, attitudes,
- Collect and review the data available for
- Conduct program level benefit/cost analyses
Return to top
Page last modified on April 17, 2014